1. Carnivàle at Heritage Park. September 16. Step right up for a magical night at Heritage Park’s annual Carnivàle! When the lights go down, Heritage Park comes alive with a dazzling display of street performances by Le Cirque de la Nuit, a dance party at the Didsbury Bandstand, fortune tellers, and caricature and tattoo artists.
2. ZooLaLa. September 17. Experience a luxurious night out – at the wildest place in the city – to celebrate the important conservation work that the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo carries out locally and globally. Get a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes workings of the zoo plus live entertainment, food samplings and libations! This is an 18+ event.
3. Etsy Calgary Fall Market. September 23-24. Shop local artisans and vintage sellers featuring everything from home goods, jewelry, fashion, art, and even snacks. With workshops, food trucks and more, 50% of the ticket sales from the Saturday event will be donated to the Women’s Centre of Calgary, a local charity providing support, connections, and community to women from all walks of life.
4. The Calgary International Film. September 22-October 2. An 11-day showcase of 175+ multi-genre features and short films from Canada and around the world. Includes unique and exciting ways for filmmakers and fans to interact. The virtual cinema program returns this year for audiences across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
5. Calgary Fall Home Show. September 30-October 2. Whether you’re designing a new home or tackling your renovation one room at a time, this is the place to get real home advice from trusted local experts. Visit with some of the top industry professionals and find the inspiration and confidence to start and finish any home project.
6. Pumpkins After Dark. September 22-October 30. Featuring over 6,000+ hand-carved pumpkins, this one-of-a-kind walk-through experience is the must-see event of the fall season. Explore a magical pathway of lit pumpkin sculptures and displays, with music, sounds and special effects. Kid friendly.
7. An Evening with Michael Bublé. October 5. Canadian artist Michael Bublé will serenade audiences with classic hits like Haven’t Met You Yet and Feeling Good for one spectacular night only.
8. Field of Screams. October 14-29. Dare to roam 20 acres of Cobb’s Adventure Park at night during this Halloween-inspired outdoor event. Visit six terrifying haunted houses or join activities like a bonfire or black light mini golf. This spooky event will have rides, games and much more for the whole family.
9. Ghosts and Gourmet at Heritage Park. October 19-31. If you love food and frights, this is for you! During Ghosts and Gourmet, the Wainwright Hotel will host a spooky supper followed by a tour featuring the haunted history of Heritage Park.
10. The Calgary Philharmonic Presents: Home Alone in Concert. December 9-10. Get a kick-start on your holidays with this true holiday favourite, featuring renowned composer John Williams’ charming and delightful score performed live alongside the movie by the Calgary Phil. Hilarious and heart-warming, Home Alone is holiday fun for the entire family!