2019 is a milestone year for our team – we’re celebrating 30 years as one of Canada’s leading staffing firms. We’re focusing on giving back – to you, our clients, and the communities we serve.
$30K for 30 years is an initiative where we invited our clients to submit nominations for a charity of their choosing to receive one of thirty (30) $1,000 donations OR one (1) $30,000 donation. The $60,000 earmarked for this campaign is in addition to the on-going support our firm gives to Christie Lake Kids, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and the Royal Ottawa, among others, on an annual basis.
We received an overwhelming response to this initiative. As such we have decided to announce the first round of selected charities in July, and the next round in the Fall.
Congratulations to the first round of charities selected for a $1,000 donation:
- Shifra Homes – a maternity residence and resource centre in Burlington (ON) that helps new moms in need, along with their babies.
- Youth Without Shelter – a shelter in Mississauga (ON) that helps troubled youth to ensure they feel empowered and have the necessities needed to get back on their feet.
- Perley Rideau Veterans Health Centre Foundation – a centre in Ottawa (ON) that provides care for veterans and other seniors.
- Loft Community Services – specifically the Transitional Age Youth (TAY) Program, which focuses on supporting youth under the age of 25 affected by mental health, physical health and addiction challenges in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Terry Fox Foundation – specifically the Precision Oncology for Young People (PROFYLE) initiative, which stands to revolutionize childhood cancer treatment in Canada.
- The Lighthouse Program for Grieving Children – providing a safe place for grieving children through support groups, workshops and consultations.
- Noah’s Clubhouse – organization in Markham (ON) that focuses on providing financial assistance to families with children with special needs.
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario – serving, supporting and advocating for and with people with spinal cord injury in Ontario.
- Calgary Children’s Cottage Society – aimed at preventing harm and neglect to children and building strong families through support services, respite programs and crisis nurseries.
- Matthew House Ottawa – providing refugees with shelter, support and community.
- Youth Services Bureau – providing a safe and accessible environment in Ottawa where youth can pursue their life goals and be encouraged in making informed decisions.
- Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation – dedicated to increasing cancer survivorship in Eastern Ontario by supporting cancer care and research to prevent, detect, diagnose and cure cancer.
- Royal Ottawa Hospital Foundation – focusing on improving the health and lives of those living with mental illness.
- Patrick’s Home of Ottawa Foundation – a senior residence offering therapeutic programs, palliative care and medical equipment needs.
- Dress for Success Ottawa – empowering women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and development tools to help women thrive.
Stay tuned for the last 15 selected charities, announced this fall.
Thank you for being a part of our past, present and future!