1. CityFolk. September 15-17. A celebration of music, dance and community at Lansdowne Park and throughout the Glebe area features an eclectic mix of musical performances, a craft beer fair, products by local artisans and children’s activities. Kid Friendly.
2. Carp Fair. September 22-25. Enjoy great music, world-class horse shows and the President’s Choice SuperDogs! Your kids will beam with excitement watching magic shows, playing with puppets, meeting new animals at the petting zoo and more! It’s a full weekend of family fun. Kid Friendly.
3. Taste of Wellington West. September 24. Ottawa’s favourite one-day food festival brings new taste experiences, free food samples, sidewalk sales, special entertainment and more. This festival also helps neighbours in need through a fundraising campaign for the Parkdale Food Centre. Kid Friendly.
4. Oh Canada Eh!? Dinner Show. September 24-December 8. This family-friendly musical production celebrates all things Canadian! The two-hour show features famous characters singing Canadian hits, plus an optional meal.
5. 613Flea. September-November. Held monthly in the historic Aberdeen Pavilion at Lansdowne Park in Ottawa, this free event features an exciting (and ever-changing!) lineup of over 140 vendors offering eclectic goods, handmade treasures, vintage finds and great food, too!
6. Pumpkinferno. September 30-October 30. This mesmerizing installation of artist-inspired, glowing pumpkins is a not-to-be-missed event for ALL ages. Take a tour through this spectacular outdoor art exhibit of over 7,000 handcrafted pumpkins all lit at night along a one-kilometre path against a picturesque 19th-century backdrop.
7. FrightFest at Saunders Farm. September 24-October 31. FrightFest at Saunders Farm is Canada’s #1 haunted attraction. Featuring multiple haunts, street theatre, fresh food and homemade confections, it is sure to thrill and chill! Kid-Friendly options.
8. Ottawa Pet Expo. October 1-2. Whether it’s a new gold-plated collar or a cozy bed for your favourite furry friend, you’ll find it here. Catch a first look at newly released strollers, treats, toys, clothing and novelty pet-related goods making their Canadian debut!
9. An Evening with Michael Bublé. October 14. Canadian artist Michael Bublé will be crooning top hits like Haven’t Met You Yet and Feeling Good to his fans in Ottawa on one spectacular night.
10. Les Grands Ballets Canadiens – Nutcracker. December 1-4. Are dreams of sugar plums dancing in your head? Join Clara in her fairy-tale reverie — along with her Prince, the Mouse King, Sugar Plum Fairy, majestic Mounties and Filbert the Bear — at this delightful frolic through a winter wonderland.