School’s out for the summer! Keep your kids entertained, happy, learning and playful with these 10 fun family activities hosted across Ottawa. Each one is guaranteed to spark joy in kids of all ages—whether you’re parenting toddlers or teens! From berry picking to a Pirate Life adventure—and everything in between—with this guide in hand, there are plenty of ways to make it a summer to remember for the whole family! Pro tip: bookmark this page for easy planning.
- Canadian Children’s Museum. Officially reopened! Explore the world by visiting a Mexican kitchen, seeing homes from Indonesia and India, and taking a ride on the Pakistani bus. Tickets are $21 and admission is free for children under two.
- Bugs Alive. Now open at the Museum of Nature. A live exhibit featuring various insects, arachnids and millipedes. Adult admission is $17, kids are $13 and children under two are free.
- Berry Picking. Mid June to early Aug. Check out Proulx Farm (Orleans), Shouldice Farm (3 locations) and Millers Farm and Market (Manotick).
- Toddler Time at the Log Farm. Now until Oct 27. The farm is open exclusively to kids aged 0 to 6 on Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Each week, there will be a different theme with related activities and sensory tables. Plus, you get to see the farm animals and purchase food for the goats, sheep and alpacas.
- Camp Fortune Children’s Aerial Park. June 25-Sept 5. Mini tree-top adventure course (takes 1.5 hrs to complete). Zip lines are shorter and lower to the ground. Open daily at 9:00 a.m. Children’s Park tickets are $25 per person.
- Puppets Up in Almonte. Aug 12-14. Puppetry, street entertainment and a kids craft tent where they can build their own puppets.
- Summer Maze Days at Saunders Farm. Opening July 10. Features world-famous hedge and puzzle mazes, a giant splash pad, play structures and jumbo jumpers. Tickets are $20 and admission is free for children under two.
- Summer Fairs. They’re back! Many of our city’s favourite fairs are taking place again this summer, including: Navan Fair (Aug 4-7), Capital Fair (Aug 12-21), Carp Fair (Sept 22-25).
- Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival. Sept 1-5. Featuring an amusement park, fireworks, buskers, family-friendly entertainment and so many hot air balloons!
- Pirate Life. Take a ride on a 50-foot pirate ship and search for sunken treasure. General tickets are $35 and admission is free for children age three and under.
BONUS: Cineplex Family Favourites. Families can enjoy movies for $2.99 every Saturday morning this summer. Perfect for those rainy summer days! Welcoming kids of all ages. Check your local Cineplex theatre for listings.