School’s out for the summer! Keep your kids entertained, happy, learning and playful with these 10 fun family activities hosted across Vancouver. Each one is guaranteed to spark joy in kids of all ages—whether you’re parenting toddlers or teens!
From a Teddy Bear Picnic to a Tree Canopy Adventure—and everything in between—with this guide in hand, there are plenty of ways to make it a summer to remember for the whole family! Pro tip: bookmark this page for easy planning.
- T.Rex: The Ultimate Predator Exhibit at Science World. Now until Jan 2023. Come face-to-face with a T.Rex, explore dinosaur eggs, inspect dinosaur feathers and learn how the T.Rex lived, hunted and thrived. Tickets are $30.40 for adults and $24.30 for children.
- Teddy Bear Picnic (Coquitlam). Bring your teddies for a picnic, concert and parade at the lake! From 11am to 4pm at Lafarge Lake Amphitheatre. FREE.
- Playland. June 18-Aug 19. A Fun Pass includes 15+ family friendly rides, mini golf and the climbing wall. Cost is $33.50
- Urban Forest Train at Stanley Park. June 29-Sept 5. Ride the train and learn about wildlife and Stanley Park’s history. Kids can even earn a Junior Urban Forest Ranger button! Ticket prices: Adults $7.50; Youth $5.25; Kids $3.75.
- Adventure Zone at Granville Island. A multi-level indoor playground and jungle gym. Admission fee is $13. Plus, visit the Granville Island Water Park while you’re there (open 7 days a week as of July 1).
- Kids Tree Canopy Adventure at Grouse Mountain. Climb from tree house to tree house through cargo nets, balance games and wavy bridges. Designed for kids aged three to eight. Free with mountain admission. The cost of a family pass (two kids and two adults) is $179.
- Kidtropolis (Richmond). An 18,000 sq. ft. indoor village where kids can dress up and pretend to be doctors, police officers, restaurant workers and more. Tickets are $22.95.
- Kids Course at WildPlay (Maple Ridge). A single level obstacle and zip-line course designed for kids aged five to 12. Tickets are $19.99.
- Family Movie Nights at Civic Plaza. Free family movies in July and August. Dates and line-up to come. Movies start at sunset.
- Feed the Animals at Maplewood Farm. Bring your own fruits and veggies to feed the bunnies or birdseed to feed the chickens and ducks. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets are $9 for adults and $5.50 for children.
BONUS: Cineplex Family Favourites. Families can enjoy movies for $2.99 every Saturday morning this summer. Perfect for those rainy summer days! Welcoming kids of all ages. Check your local Cineplex theatre for listings.