Summer is here in Vancity and along with more sunshine and days spent biking through Stanley Park, it also means the return of our highly anticipated Summer Guide (cue happy dance)! We want you to have the best summer ever, so we scoured the internet to curate a jam-packed list of the hottest things to do in Vancouver this sunny season.
You’re bound to find loads of fun activities to keep you entertained throughout the summer with our guide in hand! Featuring classic summer staples like the Jazz Festival and the Shipyards Night Market, plus an assortment of unique adventures like Foam Fest and Theatre Under the Stars.
- 5K Foam Fest. June 17. Proudly supporting Make-A-Wish Canada, 5k Foam Fest has some of the best and most exciting obstacles in the world, including the world’s largest inflatable waterslide, slip and slides and mucky mud pits! Combine these with 2.5 million cubic feet of foam pumped out at each event and you are destined to have a foamtastic day. Register early to attend!
- Vancouver Jazz Festival. June 24-July 3. The Vancouver International Jazz Festival is BC’s largest music festival featuring both ticketed and free performances. It attracts close to 1,800 artists and over half a million jazz enthusiasts. This year’s event will feature jazz greats like Buddy Guy, Lucinda Williams and more!
- Vancouver Pride. Week of July 31. Pride Week celebrates the city’s LGBTQIA2S+ community and includes a world-famous Pride Parade. This year’s theme is “Together Again.” In pre-pandemic years, hundreds of thousands of people would turn out each year to enjoy the music, rainbow colours, festive atmosphere and crazy costumes. Now, Vancouver Pride is welcoming its community back to celebrate in person once again. You don’t have to be a part of the LGBTQIA2S+ community to appreciate one of the city’s most impressive annual parades
- Fruit Beer Fest. Aug 13. Sip on delicious offerings from your favourite breweries and cideries while experiencing the restaurants, farms, musicians and burlesque troupes being hosted at Fruit Beer Fest 2022. Bring your picnic blanket, have a few drinks and snacks, relax on the fields of Swangard Stadium, and enjoy some groovy Beach Music and Geekender Burlesque! This event is 19+.
- Shipyards Friday Night Market. May 27-Sept 2. Shipyards’ annual Friday Night Market will be popping up on the North Shore to bring you an indoor/outdoor curated Artisan Marketplace. Stop by and enjoy food trucks, a beer garden feat. local brews, live local music, and more.
- Theatre Under the Stars. July-Aug. If you’re looking for more than just a night at the theatre, Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS) interweaves a kaleidoscope of elements—setting, scenery, concessions and quality art—into a fun, all-encompassing experience much greater than the sum of its parts.
- White Water Rafting. Looking for a wild adventure? Within a short distance of Vancouver are some of the best rafting experiences in North America. The Thompson, the Nahatlatch, the Squamish, the Elaho and the Chilliwack rivers are calling your name. Suit up, grab a paddle and ride the roaring current in a guided rubber raft. This summer, get your feet wet and your adrenaline pumping.
- Take a Hike at Garibaldi Lake. At the top of all 10 best hiking lists for British Columbia you’ll find Garibaldi Lake. Take a day trip from Vancouver and enjoy the views of its turquoise-coloured water nestled between alpine mountains with a spectacular glacier as the backdrop. Garibaldi Lake is one of the most scenic destinations around Vancouver.
- Plan a Sweet Stop at La Casa Gelato. If you’re looking for a gelato shop with many flavours, look no further. La Casa Gelato offers a whopping 238 different varieties of gelato. You could try a new flavour every day this summer without running out. They actually won a world record for most gelato flavours on site. This is a must-try in Vancouver!
- Adventures in Stanley Park & Vancouver Aquarium. Explore the park with a guided tour or discover it on your own. Plan family fun activities at any number of destinations in the park. Play a game of tennis or golf or take someone special out to dinner. The choice is yours. Finish the day off by visiting the Vancouver Aquarium conveniently located in Stanley Park. Walruses, sea otters, penguins and 50,000 other aquatic creatures await your arrival at one of the world’s most-loved aquariums!